Thrand and Eldgrimr's Well of Remembrance

Honoring the valorous dead and drinking from the Well of Remembrance

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Hannibal vs Genghis Khan

TechnoViking

This is the next big fight Im looking forward to. My vote goes to Hannibal, his war elephant make Khan's horse next to useless due to the fact that horses freak out when in the presense of an elephant. So long as Deadliest Warrior dosent put factors unjustly in the favor of one warrior (which we all know they are prone to do to get one outcome over another) Hannibal should take this fight.

He also has this going for him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOu8iMWr3DQ

--

Courage, Truth, Honour, Fidelity ,Discipline ,Hospitality, Self Reliance, Industriosness, and Perseverance we live by these 9 Noble Virtues....Literally.

July 14, 2011 at 1:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nguyễn Tử Long

If you're not familar with Mongol military, Mongols rely heavily on mounted archery (6 to every 10 soldiers). Even though arrows may not kill the elephant, it'll piss if off making the rider vulnerable of falling off the elephant. I personally think Hannibal is better off with a horse is he were dueling with Genghis Khan. But elephants are perfect against foot soldiers.

I hope in this episode, the Asian soldier doesn't wear the leather lamellar crap, especially when it's a ruler or general.

July 30, 2011 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Owain Glyndŵr

Nguyễn Tử Long at July 30, 2011 at 8:20 PM

If you're not familar with Mongol military, Mongols rely heavily on mounted archery (6 to every 10 soldiers). Even though arrows may not kill the elephant, it'll piss if off making the rider vulnerable of falling off the elephant. I personally think Hannibal is better off with a horse is he were dueling with Genghis Khan. But elephants are perfect against foot soldiers.

I hope in this episode, the Asian soldier doesn't wear the leather lamellar crap, especially when it's a ruler or general.

Well for one Leather Lamellar isn't crap, it's pretty decent armor and it's light and reativly cheep to make, so for the common soldier it's a pretty good armor. That being said however Khan I bleieve is going to have metal lamellar from the videos. But for Hannibal his Elephant will keep him out of the reach of Khan's close range weapons, but here the big thing. Horses will easily be panicked by elephants if they haven't been trained around them, and the Mongol empire under Khan didn't reach any regions where Elephants lived. Also the Carthaginians would of put at least some armor on the Elephants to protect them to arrows, atleast somthing to protect them a little. Also I believe the Carthaginians would also give there elephants some wine to get them bolder and more willing to attack.

Khans only hope is going to be his bow, but even then Hannibal has armor and a shield, so that's going to be harder to kill him.

--

"Cambria ne'er can yield!"

July 30, 2011 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nguyễn Tử Long

Actually, turns out, Khan will be using his cheetah against the elephant. Ehh i think we all know which will win lol.

Yes, elephants do need some armor. They'll be just like cataphracts on steroids. As for the leather lamellar, the armor portrayed in DW look like crap. It wasn't even laquered, and the origin of laquer came from Shang dynasty (1600-1046 BC)

July 30, 2011 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Owain Glyndŵr

Nguyễn Tử Long at July 30, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Actually, turns out, Khan will be using his cheetah against the elephant. Ehh i think we all know which will win lol.

Yes, elephants do need some armor. They'll be just like cataphracts on steroids. As for the leather lamellar, the armor portrayed in DW look like crap. It wasn't even laquered, and the origin of laquer came from Shang dynasty (1600-1046 BC)

A cheetah? where did you find that out?

--

"Cambria ne'er can yield!"

July 31, 2011 at 2:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nguyễn Tử Long

I read on the wikipedia article on "List of Deadliest Warrior episodes." I thought this was some kind of sick joke. But i did further research and Khan happens to be one of the most famous leaders to have a cheetah as a pet.

Don't quote me on it though, because wikipedia could be wrong about him having a cheetah on the show.

July 31, 2011 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TechnoViking

Even if he does have a cheetah it will be useless, it is afraid of people, and is not match for an armored man let alone an elephant.

--

Courage, Truth, Honour, Fidelity ,Discipline ,Hospitality, Self Reliance, Industriosness, and Perseverance we live by these 9 Noble Virtues....Literally.

August 2, 2011 at 7:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nguyễn Tử Long

Yeah, i saw the preview for this certain episode. The elephant was fricken awesome!

August 4, 2011 at 1:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
This content has been removed due to abuse.
March 23, 2012 at 1:06 PM Flagged Quote & Reply

You must login to post.